Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New York


On Friday Branden and I leave to go and visit our friends in New York. We're really excited, its going to be a ton of fun and I can't wait until we get there. I am, however, terrified of the drive there. First of all a few months ago we took Branden off the insurance in an effort to save some money so I will be doing the full 10 hour drive myself. I have known this for sometime though and I've come to terms with it. I'm all prepared and so I hope it will be fine. My biggest fear about the drive I just realized this week. My dearest baby poops an average of 6 times a day. Seriously this kid has like an over active bowel or something. And every one of these poops is quite sizeable, a few a week even so sizeable they work there way on out of the diaper and own the leg AND the smell like death, literally like death. There is no way on earth we will be first be able to tolerate the smell of one of these diapers in the car for more than a few minutes and second the longer it sits the more likely it leaks and GROSS in my car. So what do we do, we will be stopping every hour on the hour I"m sure. And will we even be able to make it to the next rest stop. Is it acceptable to change a diaper at the side of the road.. ugh. I don't even want to think about it. It honestly stresses me out far more than it should.

1 comment:

The Bedke Fam said...

oh wow!! how exciting. i can't wait for you guys to bask in the glory of new york city. i hope that list of stuff helped.

and good luck with the drive. i can imagine that many hours with a lil baby would not be the most enjoyable. hang in there ;)