Monday, April 6, 2009

Jack's First Steps

Today is an eventful day. It is the day of Jack's first steps. About a week ago he ventured one small step at my parents house, but I don't count that as anything.. it is first steps not step. But today he did it, several in a row 3 or 4 and MAN were the some drunk crazy looking steps, but still its cute and awesome he's starting to figure out how to walk.

It was pretty funny how the first steps happened and I really wish we had a video of what actually happened. My dear old friend Jacquie and her husband Ryan were over visiting (I haven't seen her in like 2 years so this was amazing!) and we were playing with Jack and seriously Jack loved Ryan. He thought he was hilarious! So Jack's first couple steps were actually going from me to Ryan. So funny! Then ryan turned him around and he like seriously jogged, I'm not kidding, JOGGED 4 or 5 steps back to me. His little legs were moving so fast. Its like he thought the faster he went the less likely he was to fall or something.. hahaha.

Anyways he is by no mean a pro-walker yet. But he's starting to do a small drunken stagger. We tried to get a video of the drunken stagger. It sort of worked out, but it was the end of the day and he was tired and not doing as well, but you still get the gist of it. Oh and please excuse my baby's trailer trashy no-shirtness.... its just how he rolls.

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

OH. MY. GOSH!

Robin that is ADORABLE! I love his eyes through the whole thing! hahaa

The Bedke Fam said...

I LOVE the video. he's so funny. and i love that he walked to ryan. and i love that we saw you!! and i miss you already!!