Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Half Way Done

Today marks the official halfway point of my maternity leave. As of today I have been off work for 6 months and have 6 months left.  This is a day (for some odd reason) that I have been dreading. It feels so weird that my time at home with Jack is half over. This morning while I showered and Jack laid on a towel on the floor beside me looking up at me, reaching for me and singing and yelling I cried and I cried. I got so sad at the thought of leaving him, which is pathetic because I still have 6 months left, but I just felt so sad. 

And then I decided this wasn't a sad day, this was a day to remind me to treasure my little guy. So I got out of the shower and spent the rest of the day playing with, cuddling, laughing with, throwing around and just adoring my little man.  And I resolved that the next 6 months will be even better than the last 6 months (if thats even possible). That I will spend more time playing with, laughing with, adoring and enjoying my little Mom. I will be a better Mom every day and I will intrench in him so firmly my total love and adoration for him that he will never be able to forget when he's off being independent at Day Care.

No comments: