Monday, March 8, 2010

Mat. Leave

Well I have officially been on Maternity Leave for this baby for one week now. Well technically I"m currently using up extra vacation which is awesome because since its vacation and not technical mat. leave Jack is still in daycare for as long as I need/want each day so I can actually get stuff done around the house.

I have been scurrying around the last week trying to prepare for this baby without exhausting myself too much. With Jack I barely had anytime off before I had him and we had next to nothing ready when he was born. We figured with our first we'd be late if anything, but that little boy had to be early so we were not ready! Add to that I was SOOO TIRED I just wanted to die when I went into labour with him. I'd been away from home for a few days visiting and had not slept well and went into labour right before I went to bed and UGH! It was not good.

So with this one I"m trying sooooo hard to actually be ready and rested! So far its working, but please pray for me that this little baby does not come until atleast Saturday! I need this week to finish up everything! (and yes I know I"m a FREAK and most people hope for early babies, but such is life!)

My Due date is March 25th so its coming up quickly and aside from not being ready to have this baby I am SOOOOOO READY to have this baby. My body feels like its about to crap out on me. For the last two weeks I"ve been retaining water like CRAZY! and who knew but retaining water makes you HURT so bad! SEriously this pregnancy up until last week I'd only put on 10 pounds total, then last week. 5 pounds in one week. HELLO water retention! UGH!

I also dont' think Jack is at all ready for this baby. He sort of knows its coming and I can see hes struggling with it! I'm sure he'll be fine after a few weeks of adjustment, but we are trying to give him all the extra love and attention we can now.

He is way to cute for words lately. He's had a verbal explosion the last few weeks (thank goodness!) and is saying about 10 new words a day. YEsturday he decided it would be appropriate to climb up on my stomach and stomp on my when I was lying down reading so I of course had to give him a major lecture about how inappropriate this was and he grabbed my cheeks as I was explaning that it was NOT COOL and said Kisses Momma and kissed me... haha so cute! HOw could I be upset at him after that!

I know I Stink at blogging lately, but now I"m off work and I think I'll get back into it.. excuse my return post of MAJOR scatterbrainedness.... I"m 9 months pregnant you know.. so I use it as an excuse to not have a clear brain!

5 comments:

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog said...

Robin, are you home/in town today? Can I drop off a mini pumpkin roll? I want to do something to help or bring some stress relief! ;) Also, if there's anything else I can do, please tell me! :)

robinm said...

I am home today. I"m going to get my hair cut now but I"ll be home by 11 at the latest and don't leave again until 4 to go pick up Branden and Jack. We'll also be home all evening from about 6 on or so I would say.

That would be awesome.. you know how Branden loves pumpkin roll. I"m doing pretty well otherwise right now. not working and not having a kid at home is pretty relaxing hahaha.. thanks so much Heather!~

Eric and Hilary said...

i cannot believe you are that far along already! holy crap! jack is adorable. you definitely cant be mad at them when they do stuff like that, little stinkers. i wish i could drop off a pumpkin roll too! haha good to have you back in the blogging world you massive slacker.

Eujean said...

Wow - only a few days away!!! I am excited for baby #2 :) Have you guys picked a name yet?

LyndiLou said...

You're getting sooo close!!! :D I'm excited for you! I bet you'll surprise yourself at how well you do this time, because it's not quite the unknown that having your first baby is. :) Enjoy your time off!