Friday, July 1, 2011

Update.. hopefully soon to be more frequent.

Well I stink at updating and I'm certain noone reads anymore BUT every once in awhile I get this feeling that i MUST MUST MUST remember how adorable and perfect and frankly sometimes infuriating my kids are at this age and I feel the need to update.

WE have had the funnest summer so far (with the exception of the last week) WE have been off on a new adventure every day. Taking the bus (apparently the coolest thing EVER for a 3 year old and a 1 year old) tot he library. Splash pad after splash pad. Hours at parks where Dean has perfected going up and down stairs himself without me having to worry and also perfected going down slides without me having to worry about him taking a header. Its very relaxing now.

Dean is getting OLD. 15 months now. He's not talking much but he understands most things we say. his least favourit would be "go to time out Dean" he collapses in half in tears when he gets that one. But sometimes (like when you climb up on the couch and drop a heavy book on your brothers head) a time out is necessary. Dean has 4 words total, not a big talker yet. we have Dada. Go, Cheers (his and Jack's favourite dinner time activity is cheersing. SOOOO cute! and random that he has that word) and he says Ja for Jack but only when he really, really, really misses him.

Jack is getting smarter by the second I swear. He sees commericials for the new kindergarten and is soooo excited to go and MAD he has to wait a whole year to do so. He just finished up his soccer season. It was short but good. Some games he was a serious superstar monopoloizing the ball and scoring goal after goal. but sometimes he stunk and would not stop wrestling other boys and jumping up and down holding hands with the girls long enough to play. he was the smallest kid most games so sometimes he just couldn't keep up. BUT he had ALOT of fun and I'm glad we signed him up. I'm a big believer in organized sports.

As for Branden and I things are great. i went back to work the beginning of March. Just part time and since we moved an hour away from my work I was going to quit and find another part time job BUT they offered me to work part time FROM HOME for them. So I work 20 hours a week from home. Its the best of both worlds. I gett o stay home with my babies all day every day. I don't have to pay for day care, but I still work 4 hours a day and get to bring in the extra money that helps us pay down our student loans faster. Most days its great. I work during the boys naps or sometimes I squeeze in an hour or two in the morning when Dean is napping or the boys are just chilling out before we go out. somedays its the hardest thing in the world.. like when they are being beastly. But mostly its great.

Branden got a job working for Amico in woodstock. He's doing stuff he loves, its only a 25 minute drive from our house so we can stay here a few more years like we planned and best of all they gave him a work truck so the boys and I have a car EVERY DAY, hence why we have been having SO MUCH fun this summer. He's happy, but he works long days. 10 hours a day every day and some weekends if they have big projects coming up. But we're adjusting to not having him around as much and its going really great.

This last week has been brutal. we went up to the Thomas S monson camp dedication (me, my aunt and the boys because Branden had to work) on Saturday and it was a BRUTAL day. We had to go because I"m in charge of girls camp and we had to take a ton of food up. But man my kids are NOT car sleepers and barely slept the 8 hours of driving and clearly didn't sleep at all there because it was raining and there was too much mud to explore. So this week they have been tired and grumpy just trying to recover. Especially Dean. he is a rage-a-saurus this week and driving his mom crazy. But he's still soo cute.. espeically when he eats rice from his chubby thighs.

3 comments:

Eric and Hilary said...

when he east rice FROM his chubby thighs? hhaa oooook. thanks for the update! miss you! xo

mommy's thoughts! said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy! We decided not to go to the camp last min cause i didn't want to go in the rain with three kids, you are a brave women!

The Bedke Fam said...

I'm so glad you updated and everything is going great. You seriously have the best job in the world! It's perfect that you get to be home. And I also love that dean eats rice FROM his chubby thighs. haha. Oh I miss you!